Friday, September 2, 2016

Lacrosse Ball

Are you wondering what I could possibly have to say about a lacrosse ball?  Well it actually has nothing to do with lacrosse and everything to do with your muscles.  Many of us suffer from tight muscles, muscle spasms, muscular asymmetry, poor posture, over working muscles, etc……  You get the idea.  We’re talking about muscle pain!  And if we all had the money and time we could get a massage therapist to work out these problem areas as they develop.  But since we may not have that luxury, we can use the next best thing.  A lacrosse ball.  Lacrosse balls are made of rubber and are very dense.  They are perfect to work on myofascial release.  This is where you try to release the tension built up in your muscles (more specifically the connective tissue of the muscle called the fascia) that causes the pain and inflammation.  You apply steady, constant pressure to the muscle and down the length of the muscle.  There are lots of products and tools that can be used (foam rollers, myofascial release balls, etc.), but a lacrosse ball works just as good!  AND it’s cheap!  J     
It’s pretty simple to do.  Apply the ball to the problem area and use body weight to apply slow, steady pressure.  Hold where you feel the tightness.  Make tiny adjustments as your work out the area.  Here are some ideas! 
 
 
 
  
I almost always have my lacrosse ball with me.  I use it mainly on my back.  It has made the biggest difference!  I can usually work through an issue in a day instead of letting it drag out for days or weeks!  Let me know if you want to hear more about it!  I’d love to help! 
 
Have a WONDERFUL weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment