Friday, November 21, 2014

Snacks

Do you snack?  I admit it……….I’m a grazer.  Sometimes I think I could eat for 12 hours straight!  So I love to find a great and HEALTHY snack!  When picking a snack you want to make sure it’s not filled with empty calories and garbage (candy, chips, etc.).  Be aware that some garbage is hidden as “health” food.  Read the label!  While some of these things may be okay………granola, dried fruit, peanut butter and protein bars can be filled with chemicals and preservatives!  Yuck!!!  I tend to snack on the same things.  What can I say?  I’m a creature of habit.  J  Here are a few of my favorite things!
  • Lightly salted rice cakes with almond butter, natural peanut butter or hummus
  • Cucumbers in vinegar with salt, pepper or creole seasoning
  • Berries, bananas, apples……lots of fruits
  • Lara Bars
  • Tortilla chips and fresh salsa
  • Oats, natural peanut butter, honey and dark chocolate chips
  • Homemade microwave popcorn  (Put 1/2 cup of popcorn kernels, a little salt and  a tbsp. of coconut oil in a brown paper bag, fold the edges over twice and microwave til popping slows.  Voila!) 
Those are just some of the things I like…… Your tastes may be completely different!  Here is a list of some other options that may get your gears turning so you can come up with that perfect guilt free snack!


Hope you have a WONDERFUL weekend!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment